'Non-plant' Photos in the ANBG Collection
The Australian National Botanic Gardens has built up a collection of photos depicting a wide range of habitats, vegetation types, horticultural resources, people and images relevant to the history of the Gardens. A more complex search can be made.
Use this link to search for photos illustrating Australian vegetation.
How to use the non-plant photo search for the ANBG Photo Collection
- Enter query in boxes on the right.
- The tick-boxes on the left determine what will be displayed.
- The boxes in the centre column can be numbered to show the display order.
- No fields are mandatory but please exercise care in the structure of queries and the use of wildcards to avoid excessively large reports.
- Date is a single number: date month year, ie. 17 May 2009 = 170509, the digit wildcard is an underscore, ie 1970s = _ _ _ _ 7_
- Key words should be preceded by a + symbol and separated by commas if a combination of key words is wanted
- Key words should be preceded by and separated by commas if any of the the key words are wanted
ie + rainforest, creek returns photo records for a creek in rainforest, both are key words
ie , vine, liana returns photo records where vine and/or liana have been used as key words
- Only a few of these photos have been digitised, so few images might appear on screen.