Council of Heads of Australasian Herbaria
Born in Adelaide, S.A., on 15 July 1910, but lived in Melbourne, Vic., from 1914.
attending the University of Melbourne (1928- 32), she joined the staff
of the Melbourne Church of England Girls’ Grammar School and, except
for leave of absence in Europe (1936) and in Queensland and Western
Australia (1948), she remained on the staff until 1958. She then joined
the staff of the Mathematics Department of the University of Melbourne
and was successively Senior Tutor, Lecturer and Senior Lecturer before
she retired in 1974. Since then she was an active gardener as well as
doing some part-time teaching.