Council of Heads of Australasian Herbaria
Lived at Towong station – the descendent family still owned the station in 2010 (now called Towong Hill Station), upper Murray River area.
An associate of Mueller’s and probably hosted him on his 1874 visit to the area. Also a keen accordionist and traditional dancer. Between 1875 and 1891, he contributed at least 219 specimens to the Melbourne Herbarium from the upper Murray and Kosciuszko areas.
Mueller named Bertya findlayi after him.
More at: http://www.folknow.com/findlay/
Source: pers com Neville Walsh, Melbourne Herbarium, 31.5.2011